Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away. - Hilary Cooper
Well, I ha been back home for about 6 weeks now and it hasn't been anything close to easy... I've been tested and brought to my knees regularly. God has been working on my heart and my life. Since I have been home I have fought through heart ache and wanting a relationship even more, Honestly as I write this post, I am still fighting with this desire. I've been attending a young adults group in the city and the pastor has been preaching on healthy and Godly relationships, but also what you have to do while you are single. So I've been working on myself and getting right with God, and knowing Him more.
God has also been teaching me about my self in other ways... I got a job in retail and I have struggled endlessly with the issue of beauty and body image. God is continuing to give me strength each day as I go to work.
Also since I have been home, I lost a loved one. My cousin passed away a week ago. (June 8). It was sudden and unexpected. She was in a quadding accident and she drowned in the river and her body was recovered 16km from the spot where the quad went into the river. I've learned to really cherish the moments you have with those who you love and be thankful for the life God has given us. I have struggled with her passing, and asking why, she was so young... Only God knows, but knowing she is with her Heavenly Father brings some peace. I started to think about my life and what do I want to be remembered by. My cousin was loved by so many, over 400 people came to her funeral, and everyone who shared with us, shared about her smile and the love she shared with everyone she came in contact with...
How do I want to remembered... I want to be remembered as someone who went to the Lord for guidance in all that I did and lived to bring Him glory! I want to be remembered as a friend to all. I want to remembered as someone who lived life to the fullest and loved those whom I came in contact with.
What will my story involve... well as of now my story is continuing with post-secondary. In the fall I will be taking Early Learning and Childcare studies and I still plan on going to Haiti and doing work there. My story is still being written and I can't wait to see where it will go. The Lord only knows.
No comments:
Post a Comment