I DID IT! I graduated with my certificate! This past weekend I cross the stage and received my Leaders in Front Line TraIning Certificate from Vanguard College! It was by the grace of God that I graduated. It was a rough year but through it all I saw God do amazing things! I grew so much and I learned to not put doubt God for anything!
In September I never would have thought I would be where I am right now. I started off in the Music Program called FUEL but in the winter semester I transferred to the LIFT Program. I am amazing by how God has had His hand upon me this year. I had many whirl wind days... Some days I wanted to just hide in my bed, others I wanted to just move back home and others I wanted to conquer the world and set it on fire for The Lord and go into full time ministry. I know God has an amazing plan for everything, I am just waiting to see what He has planned for me next. :)
Before school started I went it open minded ready to be changed, but I was scared how God wanted to use me! I didn't go into the year looking for a relationship and the first thing God did was test me and I believe I passed the test. I made a promise that the first semester was dedicated to God and I was not going to jump into a relationship. It's an amazing peace that fills you when you know that God wants you to say not now or now to someone when you know God has asked you too. That's what I had to do. I said no to him and said that I have a lot of stuff I have to figure out while I am here. Things after that were not the same. I went into my second semester not sure if I was ready to date, but if God had someone for me then He would have to show me and I would have to have peace about it. Honestly, somedays were rough... Feeling alone was not fun and I really have had to learn to trust God through it all. I ended the semester single. I spent the year learning what God has planned for relationships and His desire for them and I a, so glad I have learnt these little lessons. I have learned to go into a relationship with reasonable expectations and be open to what God has planned for it.
Another lesson I learnt is that friends come and go. God gives us friends for a season in life and some for a lifetime. I have made friends who have challenged me, encouraged me, prayed for me, laughed at me and with me. Some of these friendships will last a lifetime and some sadly ended on Sunday night. I have made a few really close friends this past year who have walked with me through the ups and downs I had these past 8 months. On friend who I have cherished is my friend Marisa. She honestly is one of the best things that happened to me at Vanguard. She truly is a blessing and a loyal friend. She was there when I hit rock bottom and she was there in my happiest moments. Our conversations are ones only we can understand sometimes but they r meaningful to us! I'm gonna miss her that's for sure! Friend help you find out who you are and they leave footprints behind! Love it!
God also taught me to not doubt Him AT ALL! I was scared but I knew I needed big change in my life! I wanted to be open. The first months I was learning that God wants all of me and the importance of being open to the Holy Spirit working in my life. The November 1st weekend was the high light of my first semester. That weekend God really worked on my heart. I was healed of many past hurts and heartaches and fell on my face and gave so much that was hindering me to Him. I had made the decision that weekend to get baptized! I knew it was the right time. When I got home from the weekend I called my parents and told them with tears of joy streaming down my face. After that I called their pastor and told him. We set a date. December 16, 2012 I got baptized! That November weekend I also received the baptism in the Spirit. When I started speaking in a different tongue I was filled with joy. Many were around me praying for me and others had also received their baptism. It was one of the coolest God moments I had seen! I could really feel God for the first time in a while. :) it was simply amazing! God is so Good!!
I am open to where God wants to take me and what He has planned for me and the change He has for me. But that doesn't mean I'm not scared... I AM FREAKING TERRIFIED SOMETIMES! I'm wanting to be open though so I know I need to trust God cause He won't put me through anything that He knows I won't be able to handle. I can trust in that promise!
What's next... Well I am not sure. I have a missions trip planned I the new year and after that we'll God only knows and He will tell me in the right time. I am thankful for this year and I will miss my friends but there is more to this adventure ... My life!



No comments:
Post a Comment